10.04.2010

The Attic






I’m back from my torturous study hiatus! And now it’s time to get down to some unpacking and home improvement business. One of the big projects Greg has in the works is preparing the attic for fresh, new insulation. Above is a shot of our attic space above the two bedrooms which can be access though what will be Greg’s closet in our bedroom. The insulation that will be blown in will be 12” thick, so before it can go in, Greg is adding the framing for a plywood subfloor so we will be able to use this vast expanse as storage. I’m hoping this will take the storage pressure off of the basement, so we will really be able to use it as a family room. Pictured below are the remnants of the broken attic fan and enormous television antennae that used to live in the attic


Comments transferred from previous Blog:

VP
I can't think of an appropriate comment. I was expecting to see something freshly vacuumed.
Monday, October 4, 2010 - 10:57 PM


LORI G
Kudos for entering The Attic. Can't say I've ever been up in mine. Supposedly lots of storage space up there, but creeps me out a bit.  Silly question but even with insulation (which does more for the living space below than the attic itself, right?), do you have to be careful what you store up there due to temp extremes? I.e. no candles...

BTW what a TV antennae...a relic.
Friday, October 8, 2010 - 03:52 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.