3.08.2011

Counter Space



A few weeks ago, right before my mom came to visit, Greg was able to finish installing our new kitchen counter, which was a generous gift from Gina. He did a great job, and I am thrilled to have all this extra counter space. 


In order to fit the counter against the existing half wall, Greg had to so some fine carpentry. Here he is filing down the edge of the trim to get a perfect fit against the counter edge. 

Steve was on hand to help lift the counter in place. I’m always glad when we have help with the lifting, so I don’t have to be a part of it!


And here’s the view coming up the stairs from the garage. The cat food has it’s own special place. And the open space below the counter also keeps the heat from being blocked.

Next up, we’re planning to paint the kitchen and dining room in a few weekends. You can see swatches of the colors we’re considering against the wall. Greg wants to go with the gray one. I can’t wait to say good-bye to all the yellow on this floor!

Comments transferred from old Blog:

VP
That is a beautiful counter! It is just what your kitchen needed to be fully functional.  I LOVE it.
Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 06:04 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.